Smashed Avocado & Lima Bean Toast
- 1 Avocado (medium)
- 1 cup Lima Beans (cooked)
- 1/2 Lime (medium, juiced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 1/2 ons Sourdough Bread (sliced, toasted)
- 1 cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- In a bowl, smash the avocado until smooth. Add the lima beans to the bowl, lightly smash the beans and mix with avocado. Add the lime juice and sea salt, adjusting the seasoning to your taste.
- Add the bean mixture to the toast. Top with alfalfa sprouts and chili flakes. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
- Serving Size: One serving is equal to one toast.
- More Flavor: Add red onion and chopped tomato to the bean mixture.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free bread instead.
- Sourdough Bread: One slice of sourdough bread is equal to approximately 1 3/4 oz or 50 grams.
Raspberry Pecan Warm Chia Pudding
- 3 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp Pecans
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- Whisk together the chia seeds and almond milk in a small pot over medium-low heat. Stir until heated through and the mixture has thickened up, about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to a bowl. Top with raspberries, pecans, and almond butter. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Serving Size: One serving is equal to approximately one cup.
- No Heat: Mix the chia seeds and almond milk together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 15-20 minutes to thicken before adding toppings.
- More Flavor: Add a dash of cinnamon.
Peanut Butter & Berry Toasted Wraps
- 2 tbsps All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Hemp Seeds
- Assemble the wraps by dividing the peanut butter evenly down the middle of each tortilla. Divide the raspberries between each tortilla and mash with a fork.
- Fold each side of the tortilla inward to close the wrap. Repeat with each tortilla.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches as needed, place each tortilla folded side down in the pan and cook for two to three minutes. Gently flip and cook for one more minute.
- Place the wraps onto a plate and top them with yogurt, blueberries, and hemp seeds. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Best enjoyed immediately.
- Serving Size: One serving is two wraps.
- Make it Vegan: Use a plant-based yogurt alternative.
- More Flavor: Top with maple syrup or raw honey. Cook in coconut oil to sweeten the flavor profile.
- Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free tortilla instead.
- No Peanut Butter: Use another nut or seed butter.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and water together in a large tupperware container. Stir well to mix. Seal and place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
- Remove oats from fridge. Use single-serving size mason jars and place a large spoonful of the oat mix in the bottom of each, then a layer of blueberries followed by a layer of slivered almonds. Repeat until all ingredients are used up. Store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy hot or cold!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
- 2 tbsps All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 1/2 Banana (sliced into rounds)
- Spread the peanut butter onto the bread. Top with bananas. Close the sandwich and slice. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one day. Best enjoyed fresh.
- More Flavor: Add a dash of cinnamon or drizzle of honey
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free bread.
- Nut-Free: Use sunflower seed butter.
Courtesy of Wise Nutrition Counseling